Lowell desired to improve facilities and reduce energy usage. Due to on-going budget constraints and increasing operational costs, the City was facing critical infrastructure upgrades with limited funding.
“By using the performance contract approach with Ameresco, we are able to address several important city priorities of improving our facilities, saving money and being environmentally proactive in reducing the use of energy.”
– Bernie Lynch
Former City Manager, City of Lowell
Million Square Feet
MW Solar Power
ESPC Energy Project Size
Partnering with Ameresco, Lowell was able to replace outdated equipment and aging municipal infrastructure, lower utility costs and partially fund a City energy manager position, all on a budget-neutral basis without any upfront capital investment.
- $1.5M annual energy savings
- Upgrades to 47 municipal buildings
- Electrical, mechanical, weatherization, water and operational upgrades
- Energy cost stability, 20-year discounted electricity rate
- Web-based Energy Management System
Lowell and Ameresco have a longstanding, award-winning partnership consisting of four project phases through an Energy Savings Performance Contract, Energy Management and Power Purchase Agreements.
- Designed and installed over 23 Energy Conservation Measures
- Designed and installed 1.8 MW of Solar Photovoltaic Projects
- Commissioning, Operation and Maintenance